Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MLA information

The source that I used in my topic essay was a  article publish online by Joshua Bearman. According to the UNC University Library  "Citations beginning with names and those beginning with titles are to be alphabetized together. Numbers in titles are treated as though they have been spelled out. For names, alphabetize based on the letters that come before the comma separating the last name from the first, and disregard any spaces or other punctuation in the last name. For titles, ignore articles such as "a" and "the" (and equivalents in other languages) for alphabetization purposes." This information as well as the library 10 that I am taking ,in conjunction with this English1a class, has helped me be able to understand how to properly give credit to the people who have composed or done research on any of the topics that I will be researching.

1 comment: